BIOE Advising Worksheet (.xlsm) - For the current BIOE curriculum
Please click on the above link and select the download option in the top-right corner to download the .xlsm file. Do not edit the file directly in Google Sheets.
Questions about using the worksheet? See this video tutorial.
Students on the Pre-2016 BIOE curriculum should use this worksheet.
- Other Departmental Requests
- Request for Exception to Pre- or Co-Requisite Requirement for BIOE course
- Request for One-Time Approval of Electives
- BIOE399 requests must be submitted by the end of the first week of the semester in which the the BIOE399 would occur (fall/spring semesters only). This will allow for processing time and student registration. When submitting this request, you will be required to complete the BIOE399 registration form at go.umd.edu/BIOE399. You will then submit your completed form to the google form linked above.
BIOE399 must be taken for a letter grade (A-F) and with a full-time BIOE faculty member or a full-time UMD faculty member formally affiliated with the Bioengineering department. Researchers outside the university wishing tosupervise a BIOE399 independent study project must establish a BIOE faculty member familiar with their work to serve as a co-mentor and supervisor. The BIOE faculty member will need to contribute significantly to the project's scope, goals, and criteria for evaluation, and is responsible for approving the independent study form and submitting the final grade. A student can register for no more than 9 credits of BIOE399 throughout their academic career.
- Students who wish to include BIOE399 as a BIOE elective towards the Bioengineering degree must complete 3 credits of BIOE399. Only 3 credits of BIOE399 or BIOE399H can be counted as a BIOE elective; any additional BIOE399 credits taken will appear on a student's transcript but will not not count towards the Bioengineering degree. In order for BIOE399 to be considered a BIOE elective of a particular track, the completed BIOE399 form must also be approved by the track leader prior to its final submission.
Clark School Forms
- Permission to Enroll in Another Institution Form and Guidelines
- Permission to Take a Graduate Course for Undergraduate Credit
- Requests for College-level Exceptions to Policy (e.g. Credit Overload, Late Add/Drop, Third Attempt of a Course, Exceed 18 Credit Repeat Limit)
- Declaring and changing your major (within Engineering)
- Pursuing double majors and double degrees