- Participants must be undergraduate students in the Fischell Department of Bioengineering.
- Students with two years remaining in their undergraduate matriculation will receive the strongest consideration, though other exceptional cases may be considered (however, four semesters of documented research with one mentor are required to complete the program).
- Students with a GPA of 3.5 and higher will receive the strongest consideration, though all students with a 3.0 or higher are invited to apply.
- Applications are due on April 30 of each year.
- Applications will be reviewed by a faculty committee following the deadline. Students will be notified of the admissions decisions by June 1 of each year.
- Students should identify a faculty mentor engaged in bioengineering-related research. For faculty advisors outside of the department who are not affiliate or adjunct faculty members, a BIOE departmental co-advisor should be sought to ensure that the research has an acceptable bioengineering component.
- With input from the faculty mentor, students should propose an independent research project to be completed during their final two years. There should be sufficient clarity in the description of the proposed research direction to assure the review committee that the student will initiate the project with adequate planning and guidance.
- Faculty mentors must commit to guide the student through his/her research project and provide appropriate facilities to complete the proposed project. A faculty mentor evaluation sheet must be submitted with the application.
Go to Application