"Design for Safety" Engineering Course Coming this Summer
This Summer Session II (beginning July 13, 2020), the University of Maryland will offer an online "Design for Safety" (ENME489K) engineering course.
The course will be taught by Center for Risk and Reliability adjunct faculty member Dev Raheja, author of the books Design for Reliability and Preventing Medical Device Recalls.
The course will focus on safety in biomedical device design, and cover the following topics.
- The History of System Safety
- System Safety Program Planning and Management
- Managing Risks and Product Liabilities
- Conducting Process Safety Functions
- Developing System Safety Requirements
- System Safety Hazard Analysis
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis for System Safety
- Fault Tree Analysis for System Safety
- Complementary Design Analysis Techniques
- System Safety Testing
- Safety Verification and Validation
Contact Dev Raheja with any questions.
Published April 29, 2020